Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I don't wanna go in the fire, I just wanna stay in my home

I really love fall.

Fall is a time for cider, cold days, jeans, acoustic guitars, sweaters, hats, bike rides, disposables, indie music, and just about everything in between. And I love every second of it. It's the most bittersweet time of year, but somehow it gives you a feeling like no other.

I'm in High School so of course I'm going to bring up the end of summer and the beginning of school. Okay lets be real, Summer was fan-fucking-tastic. Bonfires, acoustic jams with friends, parties, SHOWS, vacations, trips, the ocean, beaches, swimming pools, sunburn, warm weather, and millions of memories I'll never forget. I loved every second. But I'm happy for fall to come around. During the summer I go through a certain phase in which I do things that are cliche among people. For example, listing all good things about summer in the manner I just did. Writing music that tends to be simpler and more peppy and fun. Listening to way too much All Time Low. Going to the beach way too much. You know, most of the things an average 13-year-old girl does. Fall is kind of the kick in the ass in that sense, a breath of fresh air. I mean that literally. When you first go outside in your jeans and sweaters and take a huge gulp of air, you'll realize how fresh crisp and cool it is. It's refreshing to get that feeling instead of breathing in humidity and warm air. Fall brings out the "hipster" (yup I said it) in me. I try to think outside the box and do some different shit every once in a while. I write some really interesting and complicated music, maybe not happy all the time. I listen to some amazing bands, who were just made to be played on a bike ride to clyde's (I'm referring to the Dodos here folks). I cut my hair shorter. I expand my boundaries when it comes to clothes. And I tend to think more in depth in the fall, for whatever reason. It's a season of enlightenment every year, and it hasn't failed me yet.

Now good things come with that great feeling in the fall. Thanksgiving. Best holiday ever. You get to eat a stupid amount of food and kick back and watch some football. Football. I'm not a hardcore Pats fan but I'll kick back, have some cider, and watch a couple dudes toss around some pigskin every Sunday. The weather. You don't have to worry about dressing any certain way until around October, because you can be comfortable in just about anything. The six-year-old in the back of your head that's screaming CHRISTMAS. The moment I ever feel cold after a long summer, it brings me right to December 24th, the night where I never sleep, and never will for as long as I live. Because I am a 6-year-old at heart. Deal with it. Your new school year. You get to go back and meet up with those not so close friends you're not really friends with but you like seeing them at school. You get to start off with a kind of new clean slate. You get to have new classes, new teachers, new people to meet. But on the other hand... Your new school year.

SCHOOL. You haven't gone in a couple months. Every bit of Pre-Calculus and Biology has been ripped out of your brain by the evil hands of summer. You're starting to remember what it's like to do work when on the last day of summer you're procrastinating that 450 page book you haven't started reading by writing some stupid blog post about fall. You start to reminisce back on the memories of Summer Vacation, and start to think about how you promised yourself 2 months ago you wouldn't be on your computer on the last day. It's really a weird day for me. It's one of those days were you don't really feel like doing much. I haven't said a word all day to anyone. It's one of those days were you don't feel happy, you don't feel sad. You're kind of just there. Hanging, surrounded by empty space, doing and thinking about nothing in particular. It's a sort of limbo. Honestly a really weird concept but the effect of the summer ending, school starting, and everything else just brings that to mind. But it'll all end in the morning, when at 6 AM, running on two hours of sleep, your life will begin with a gross bus ride with kids you don't like going to a place you'll be complaining about in a week. And that's just the circle of life.

Fall: can't live it, can't live without it.

Much Love,
- Jake

I don't wanna hear all the liars, I just wanna be with my own

No comments:

Post a Comment